CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a baby...BOY!

I am happy to announce that my patient husband will finally have a little buddy! We found out last Friday that we are in fact adding a little boy to the mix. The ultrasound was awesome-a lot has changed since I had Camryn's 8 years ago you could actually kind of tell what you were looking at. They were also able to take some 3-D pictures which were awesome! You could see his cute little face and his little hands wiggling around trying to hide his face. He was also sticking his tongue in and out when we were looking at his face, I told the girls he was saying "na-na here I come". Needless to say we are all in love with him already and SO excited. I am actually a little nervous about the whole thing, I feel like this is unchartered water for me-no brothers growing up and 2 girls for a long time. Everyone has reassured me that I will do fine-I'm sure it will be just as natural as the girl thing was. I'm just not really sure what to do with little boy parts and until recently didn't know that certain things happened early on to little boys-I know you are all laughing that have boys, but that's what I mean-I dont know about little pee-pee's! I am feeling pretty good and getting big but it's all for a good cause-right? Hopefully my next post will be before I have the baby-ha-ha but that's about all for now! The rest of us are doing great- busy with school, soccer, cheer, homework and all the other fun everyday stuff. Hopefully you all haven't given up hope and stopped checking my blog for updates, even though I wouldn't blame you-but thanks for those who still have a little faith in me and my blogging ability.

11 comments:

{jane} said...

oh, i am so excited for you!!!! we will have the same run-down of kids (for the first 3), girl-girl-boy, it's a good way to have it! Rylee & Camryn will be fabulous little Mommas!

I still wish I could see you MORE often... Tell me, you NEVER come to Orem? I'm having a hard time getting my mind wrapped around that one...

Sara said...

I saw your comment on my last post and just thought I'd check in with you... And YAY! A new post and GREAT NEWS! Coming from the Mama of 4 boys (FOUR... Yes, I am still wrapping my mind around it! But crazy as it is at our house, I wouldn't trade in one of them!) There is nothing easier and it will all come as you go... You will do great!

Don't let anyone tell you they aren't different... even if it's not immediately apparent, they are DEFINITELY different little creatures! In my observation, you'll find much less "Drama" but LOTS more "Holes"! As opposed to my nieces and neighbors, my boys can pound on each other and swear they are never speaking again and then 5 minutes later be best buddies. However, I have many, MANY more Holes... SERIOUSLY, Holes in everything... The knees of their pants, the walls, the stereo speaker fabric, my flower beds, the ice cream carton... it's crazy! They are built to poke and dig! So prepare yourself for lots of grunts and stinky-boys stuff and noises you never thought possible! And by that I mean that little boys come with their own unique set of sound-effects that I don't think we girls can even begin to replicate! It's like a whole other language! (My little D, who is 18 months, makes more funny little sound-effects than he speaks in actual words!) AND one more note... they need lots more ROOM to play! (Unless you don't value your walls!) I think they are born pitching, batting and throwing... Not to mention the jumping and the climbing and the constant running... don't get me started there!

Anyway, so much fun! I am sure he'll be spoiled rotten by his big sisters, sweet to his Mama and adore his Daddy! Congrats to all of you!

The Henry's said...

We are so excited for you guys. You will love having a little boy. They are definetly different. More rough and loud...but so so sweet. I agree with your friend, they are born swinging and hitting and kicking! Its so funny how it seems to come so natural to them.
The only advice for a boy is, don't worry to much about the circumsicision....I cried when they took him to do it,I was so stressed about it, but he was totally fine, and it didn't bother him at all! And cover him when you change him, for some reason as soon as you get their diaper off they aim and fire! Also be prepared for the facination with their manhood...they love to grab it, and hard! LOL! I can't wait to meet the new little guy!

Lori said...

Hooray!!! Believe it or not, I love when you post! Every 6 months is getting old though:)

Congratulations!!!!! You know I'm jealous and excited all in one! A little boy will be such a blessing to your family and I can just imagine a miniature little Tommy.
I'm sure I would feel the same way about a little boy and all his little..."parts." :)

I loved the ultrasound, very cool! I could totally see your little baby; I think I need one of those of my own?!
Love you guys!

Please don't make us wait until July to read another post!

Kellie Henry said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you guys! I wish I had some motherly advice.......but I obviously am lacking in that area! You are a great mom with your girls and you are going to be amazing for your boy! Love ya

joey said...

Congrats, you will love having a boy!

Unknown said...

Yeaaaa for a baby boy!!!
I'm excited for you! I think after not having a 'baby' for so long, it's scary and unfamiliar, regardless of gender! It's quite the shock... again!
I hope you are feeling well. I want to see a picture!!!

Angie said...

Yeah!!! I still canot believe it! Congrats, I love you!!!!

Kathleen said...

Congrats, Brandy! Having boys is a lot of fun, a little less "drama" than girls, but very different than dolls, bows, make-up, etc. Welcome to the world of trucks and trains!
Love ya!

T.Bailey said...

Congrats about the baby boy!! When is he coming? Will you name him David Beckham Henry for me :)?

The Lawrence Family said...

Congrats on the baby boy!!! I am still waiting to have a girl. I just found your blog and it has been fun looking at at your family and all the other Henry Family blogs. I felt like I just struck gold. I am always wondering what everyone is up to. It looks like you guys are doing great. Good luck with the new baby boy. Jamie